Warning: Delicious fruits and vegetables contained within. How can you go wrong with a meal that brings you the two most important food groups in a whole grain wrapping? You might want to double the dressing recipe though–once you taste it, you might not want to dress your salad veggies with anything else.
- Ingredients for Wrap:
- 1 extra large, whole-grain wrap
- 1 small peach, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1 tablespoon balsamic dressing
- 1 teaspoon splash of lemon juice
- 1 cup salad greens
- Ingredients for Balsamic Dressing:
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fine black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- Toss peaches and avocado with a splash of lemon juice.
- Blend dressing ingredients well.
- Warm wrap.
- Toss your peached, basil and avocado with a splash of dressing. Top with lettuce. Fill wrap.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 54g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 15g||54%|
|Total Sugars 14g|
|Includes 1g Added Sugars||2%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 2g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 261.3mcg||30%|
|Vitamin C 24.5mg||30%|
|Vitamin E 3.9mg||25%|
|Vitamin K 119.8mcg||100%|
|Vitamin B6 0.4mg||20%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Peaches, Avocado, Whole Wheat Tortilla (whole Wheat Flour, Cultured Wheat Flour With Added Vinegar, Organic Palm Fruit Oil, Leavening (sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Sugar, Salt, Guar Gum, Citric Acid), Romaine Lettuce, Basil, Balsamic Vinegar, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Onion, Dijon Mustard (water, Mustard Seed, Mustard Flour, Vinegar, Salt, White Wine, Citric Acid, Tumeric, Spices), Salt, Black Pepper, Rosemary.
It’s back to school season. That means it’s time to stock up on new gear, so your students are prepared to start the school year in style. Don’t forget about school lunch as you create your shopping lists. Whether your family has decided between school lunch or lunch from home, there will likely be a field trip where your child could use these lunch supplies. Parents have a lot of cool new products to choose from to ensure that their child’s lunch is not only nutritious and safe, but also looks appetizing at lunch time. For this month’s Nutritious Nudge, I created a list of lunch supplies and considerations to help parents with their back to school shopping.