The great thing about couscous is how fast it cooks. Just throw it into some boiling liquid, remove from heat and let it set for 5 minutes. So easy. Try to find whole grain couscous if you can.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1½ cups couscous
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and tomatoes and stir until the onions are softened (2-3 minutes).
- Add mushrooms and thyme and stir until the mushrooms give off their liquid and begin to soften (5 minutes).
- Add broth and hot sauce and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous.
- Remove from the heat and cover. Let stand until the liquid has been absorbed (5 minutes). With a fork, fluff the couscous and stir in parsley. Season with pepper to taste.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate 30g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||11%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Reduced Sodium Fat Free Chicken Broth (chicken Stock, Contains Less Than 1% Of: Salt, Dextrose, Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten, Monosodium Glutamate, Natural Flavor, Cooked Chicken Skins, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Carrot Juice Concentrate, Chicken Fat, Caramel Color, Onion Juice Concentrate, Whey, Beta Carotene, Egg Yolk Solids), Couscous (100% Durum Wheat Semolina), Onion, Mushrooms, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Parsley, Olive Oil, Thyme.
Eating well can be hard. If you've got to feed folks with allergies, poor appetites, special nutritional needs, and strong flavor preferences, making one dish that works for everyone can be next to impossible. These are a few of our favorite choices for keeping everyone at your table happy and nourished.