The vegetables and seasonings in this recipe are a classic combination that can be used with any lean protein. Mix it up and try it with fish or pork tenderloin, or even marinated tofu!
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb. fingerling potatoes, cut in half
- 2 (9 oz) pkgs. frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 tsp. black pepper divided
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, divided
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped and divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- On a large baking sheet, toss the onion, bell pepper, garlic, potatoes, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and capers with half the olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and oregano. Spread in a single even layer.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the veggies, spacing them out evenly on the baking sheet. Drizzle the chicken with the remaining olive oil and season with the remaining salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and oregano.
- Roast until the chicken has begun to brown on top, and the veggies have softened, about 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with kalamata olives. Return the chicken to the oven and continue to cook until chicken is done, or when the internal temp is 165º F.
- Garnish with fresh lemon juice and feta. Serve hot.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 19.5g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9g|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 9g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Skinless Chicken Thighs, Artichoke Hearts, Diced Potatoes, Tomatoes, Red Bell Pepper, Onion, Kalamata Olives (kalamata Olives, Water, Red Wine Vinegar, Sea Salt, Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Feta Cheese (milk, Salt, Enzymes, Cheese Cultures), Capers (capers In Vinegar, Water, Salt), Garlic, Oregano, Salt, Black Pepper, Chili Pepper.
During the holidays, we gather with friends and family to lavish each other with love...often in the form of food. As much as we all enjoy the sweets this time of year, they can be rough on our systems. That's true of everyone, but especially true of people with conditions like diabetes who need to watch their food carefully to manage their blood sugar safely. This year, why not show your love by adding in one or two options to help your guests manage their health?