This simple slaw is a great dish to make with kids home for winter vacation–plenty for little hands to measure and chop! The wintery flavors are a perfect light side to serve with a pork roast.
Number of Servings: 6 (169 G)
Prep Time: 15 min.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 (15 oz.) can no-salt-added beets, chopped
- 1 apple, grated
- ½ cup juice-sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 orange, zested
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate overnight and serve cold.