- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed with press
- 1 medium red onion, cut crosswise into ½" slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into ½" slices
- 1 large eggplant, cut diagonally into ½" slices
- 2 large orange or yellow peppers, quartered
- 1 lb. (about 4) ripe plum tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 lb. gemelli or elbow pasta
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on medium-high. Heat covered 6-quart pot of water to boiling on high.
- In small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, and garlic. Brush half of vinegar mixture on one side of onion, zucchini, eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Grill tomatoes (6 minutes), zucchini and eggplant (10 minutes), and peppers and onion (12 minutes), or until all vegetables are tender and charred, turning over once. Transfer vegetables to cutting board. Cool slightly, then cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water as label directs. Drain; return to pot.
- Stir mustard into remaining vinegar mixture and toss with pasta, parsley, vegetables, salt, and black pepper.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8.5g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 72g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||25%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 54g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 48.4mcg||6%|
|Vitamin C 100.2mg||110%|
|Vitamin E 2.1mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 36.9mcg||30%|
|Vitamin B6 0.5mg||30%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Eggplant, Tomatoes, Enriched Elbow Pasta (semolina (wheat), Niacin, Iron Lactate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Zucchini Squash, Yellow Bell Pepper, Onion, Red Wine Vinegar, Olive Oil, Savory Dijon Mustard (distilled Vinegar And Water, #1 Grade Mustard Seed, Salt, White Wine, Sugar, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Turmeric And Spices), Parsley, Garlic, Salt, Black Pepper.
Soup is probably the food most people associate strongly with slow cookers. The long cooking time brings a special oomph to the flavor of even basic dishes. That being said, we've all had soups from a slow cooker that were maybe a bit overcooked or had a weird balance of textures. These tips will help you soup up your slow cooker soup game.