A good pasta dish doesn’t need to be complicated, or served from a jar. This easy meal can be put together with your favorite combination of vegetables. If you’re looking for a more filling meal in the middle of the day, try adding some lean chicken breast for added protein.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound whole grain penne
- 1 cup arugula, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add zucchini, toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until very soft and starting to brown.
- Cook penne according to package directions. When done, set aside a quarter cup of the pasta water, and then drain pasta into a colander. Toss with arugula.
- Move the zucchini to the side of the skillet. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes and stir in zucchini slices. Cook until tomatoes are just soft.
- Add the pasta and arugula to the skillet, along with the pasta water. Cook until the liquid has reduced, coating the pasta in sauce.
- Divide the pasta mixture between four plates. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and serve.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5.5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Total Carbohydrate 50g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 47.4mcg||6%|
|Vitamin C 36.9mg||40%|
|Vitamin E 1mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 17.9mcg||15%|
|Vitamin B6 0.5mg||30%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Zucchini Squash, Whole Wheat Pasta (durum Semolina, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate (iron), Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Tomatoes, Arugula, Olive Oil, Parmesan Cheese (milk, Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Garlic, Salt, Red Pepper Flakes.
Check out these five handy kitchen gadgets that'll level-up your culinary game, and also make excellent holiday gifts.