Tuna is a flavorful fish that needs little to gild it. That said, guacamole is never out of place in a fish taco. Enjoy the two together.
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 2 ripe peeled avocados, mashed
- Cooking spray
- 2 (10 oz.) Yellowfin tuna steaks (about 1" thick)
8 (6") corn tortillas
- Lime wedges
- Combine the onion, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and avocados.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle tuna with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add tuna to grill pan; cook to desired degree of doneness (4 minutes on each side).
- Cut tuna into ¼” thick slices.
- Warm tortillas according to the package directions.
- Divide avocado mixture evenly among tortillas. Divide tuna evenly among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges.
*Optional garnishes have not been included in the rating of this recipe.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17.5g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 32g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||36%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 20g|
|Vitamin D 2.4mcg||10%|
|Vitamin A 33mcg||4%|
|Vitamin C 12.3mg||15%|
|Vitamin E 2.6mg||20%|
|Vitamin K 21.3mcg||20%|
|Vitamin B6 1.7mg||100%|
|Vitamin B12 3mcg||120%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Yellowfin Tuna, Avocado, Corn Tortillas (stone Ground Corn, Fumaric Acid, Cellulose Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium Propionate, Trace Of Lime), Onion, Lime Juice, Salt, Cooking Spray (canola Oil (adds A Trivial Amount Of Fat), Palm Oil (adds A Trivial Amount Of Fat), Coconut Oil (adds A Trivial Amount Of Fat), Lecithin From Soybeans (non Stick Agent), Dimethyl Silicone (for Anti-foaming), Rosemary Extract (preservative)).
It’s back to school season. That means it’s time to stock up on new gear, so your students are prepared to start the school year in style. Don’t forget about school lunch as you create your shopping lists. Whether your family has decided between school lunch or lunch from home, there will likely be a field trip where your child could use these lunch supplies. Parents have a lot of cool new products to choose from to ensure that their child’s lunch is not only nutritious and safe, but also looks appetizing at lunch time. For this month’s Nutritious Nudge, I created a list of lunch supplies and considerations to help parents with their back to school shopping.