Butternut squash and celeriac make up the substance of this thick and creamy soup. A complex balance of spices provides it with both scent and flavor that will leave you wanting more.
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped, peeled, fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 6 cups (½") cubed, peeled, butternut squash (about 2½ lbs.)
- 6 cups fat-free, low sodium vegetable broth
- 2½ cups (½") cubed, peeled, celeriac (celery root; 1-1½ lbs.)
- 2 tsp. thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup plain, low-fat yogurt
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic; sauté (90 seconds).
- Add curry; cook, stirring constantly (15 seconds).
- Add mirin; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 4 minutes).
- Add squash, broth, and celeriac; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until tender (15 minutes).
- Place one-fourth of squash mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Pour pureed squash mixture through a sieve over a large bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids. Repeat procedure in 3 more batches with remaining squash mixture.
- Stir in orange juice concentrate, sriracha, and salt.
- Dollop 1 tablespoon yogurt over each serving; sprinkle with parsley.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 38g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||14%|
|Total Sugars 13g|
|Includes 8g Added Sugars||16%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 13g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 609.7mcg||70%|
|Vitamin C 29.8mg||35%|
|Vitamin E 2mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 32.3mcg||25%|
|Vitamin B6 0.3mg||20%|
|Vitamin B12 0.1mcg||4%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (water, Organic Carrots, Organic Celery, Organic Onions, Organic Leeks, Organic Tomato Puree (organic Tomatoes, Sea Salt, Citric Acid), Organic Mushrooms, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices, Organic Sea Salt), Butternut Squash, Celeriac, Mirin (corn Syrup, Fermented Rice Extract (rice, Alcohol, Salt And Citric Acid), Water And Salt), Plain Lowfat Yogurt (cultured Pasteurized Lowfat Milk, Whey Protein Concentrate, Nonfat Milk Solids, And Whey), Ginger, Orange Juice Concentrate, Soybean Oil, Garlic, Sriracha Sauce (aged Red Peppers, Vinegar, Sugar, Tomato Paste, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Garlic Oil), Curry Powder (spices, Turmeric, Garlic, Silicon Dioxide), Salt, Parsley.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…