- 2 quarts water
- 4 cups shelled, fresh cranberry beans (about 2¼ lbs. unshelled beans)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1¼ cups chopped, seeded, plum tomatoes (about 2 large)
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¾ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a large saucepan; stir in cranberry beans and 1 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, until beans are tender (40 minutes).
- Drain beans; place in a large bowl. Stir in tomatoes and onion.
- Combine parsley and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until finely chopped, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add herb mixture to the bean mixture, and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbohydrate 62g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 25g||89%|
|Total Sugars 1g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 44.7mcg||6%|
|Vitamin C 13.1mcg||15%|
|Vitamin E 1.2mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 108.5mcg||90%|
|Vitamin B6 0.4mg||25%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Water, Cranberry Beans, Tomatoes, Red Onion, Parsley, Olive Oil, Basil, Lemon Juice, Walnuts, Parmesan Cheese ((pasteurized Part-skim Cow's Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Cellulose Powder Added To Prevent Caking, Potassium Sorbate To Protect Flavor), Salt, Garlic, Black Pepper.
Health experts tout the health and social benefits of eating a meal together as a family, but parents cite too little time as a barrier to making this happen. On weeknights, families may have even less time to cook a meal due to busy schedules. Here are a few of my favorite timesaving swaps to help families spend less time cooking and more time around the dinner table.