Lemon brightens the flavor of everything and works very nicely here with the arugula. Lentils and couscous are a filling combination that hold up well with the dressing, making this a great option for lunch.
Number of Servings: 4, 2 cup servings (528 G )
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. Dijon mustard
- 4 sm. cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 t. salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/4 c. vegetable broth
- 1 c. whole-wheat couscous
- 4 c. arugula or mixed salad greens
- 1 c. French lentils, cooked and cooled
- 1 sm. cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Cover and chill until needed.
- Bring broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Add couscous, cover, remove from the heat and let stand until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Toss arugula with 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette in a large bowl, then divide among four plates.
- Toss the couscous and lentils with another 1/4 cup of vinaigrette; divide the mixture among the plates. Top each salad with cucumber, tomatoes and feta and drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette.