Lemon brightens the flavor of everything and works very nicely here with the arugula. Lentils and couscous are a filling combination that hold up well with the dressing, making this a great option for lunch.
Number of Servings: 4 (528 G )
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 1¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 4 cups arugula or mixed salad greens
- 1 cup French lentils, cooked and cooled
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup red-wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Bring broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Add couscous, cover, remove from the heat and let stand until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Toss arugula with ¼ cup of the vinaigrette in a large bowl, then divide among four plates.
- Toss the couscous and lentils with another ¼ cup of vinaigrette; divide the mixture among the plates. Top each salad with cucumber, tomatoes and feta.
- Drizzle each salad with 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette.