Thick, creamy, and spicy, this stew is full and flavorful. You can eat it like a soup or spoon it over cooked brown rice to feed a larger crowd.
- ⅓ cup fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp. peanut oil, divided
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup unsweetened, low-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth or stock
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Combine the ginger, garlic, jalapeños, juice, paprika, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and water in a food processor and pulse to form a paste.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened.
- Stir in the spice paste and cook until the paste begins to brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes, peanuts, coconut milk, and coconut. Cook until mixture thickens slightly.
- Transfer to the food processor and purée.
- Return mixture to saucepan along with chicken. Add broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
8 servings per container
Serving Size 369 g
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 4g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 11g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 443mcg||50%|
|Vitamin C 18.1mg||20%|
|Vitamin E 2mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 6.1mcg||6%|
|Vitamin B6 0.8mg||45%|
|Vitamin B12 0.8mcg||35%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Skinless Chicken Thighs, Low Sodium Chicken Broth (chicken Broth (filtered Water, Chicken Stock, Sea Salt), Chicken Flavor, Onion Powder, Potato Flour, Yeast Extract, Garlic Powder, Flavor, Turmeric And Flavor), Sweet Potatoes, Diced Tomatoes (tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Salt, Citric Acid, Calcium Chloride), Lite Coconut Milk (water, Coconut Milk, Guar Gum (a Natural Emulsifier)), Onion, Dry Roasted Peanuts, Orange Juice, Peanut Oil, Ginger, Water, Jalapeno Pepper, Shredded Coconut, Garlic, Paprika, Salt, Turmeric, Cumin, Coriander, Black Pepper.
Latest from Our Blog
Allergy Awareness Month
Raising awareness and helping people with allergies are the goals of Allergy Awareness Month. Learn more about food allergies and overall wellness here.