Spicy and fragrant, this stew will delight your nose as much as your tongue. Sweet potato gives soft, sweet substance to the stew to fill you up.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 cups yam or sweet potato, diced
- 1 can no salt added chickpeas, drained
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 bunches of assorted greens, tough stems removed & leaves sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large, deep skillet or heavy pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in onion, garlic, cumin and chili and heat until fragrant and soft.
- Add in the yams and the vegetable stock–let simmer until yams are soft, adding more stock if necessary.
- Add the chickpeas and let simmer for a moment.
- Whisk in the tahini until blended. Dump in the greens and put on the lid for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the greens are tender, squeeze over the lemon juice.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9.5g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||29%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 18g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 534.1mcg||60%|
|Vitamin C 21.7mg||25%|
|Vitamin E 1.6mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 202.6mcg||170%|
|Vitamin B6 0.3mg||20%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (filtered Water, Organic Carrots, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Celery, Organic Onions, Organic Garlic, Organic Leeks, Sea Salt, Organic Bay Leaves, Organic Parsley, Organic Thyme), Garbanzo Beans (chick Peas, Water, Disodium Edta), Yams, Lettuce, Onion, Tahini (ground Sesame), Lemon Juice, Swiss Chard, Collard Greens, Kale, Spinach, Arugula, Olive Oil, Garlic, Cumin, Salt, Black Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes.