This tasty chicken, braised in a wine and tomato sauce, will impress anyone who loves Italian food. Switch up the pasta shape if you like–letting kids choose their favorite shape is a simple way to give them ownership over the meal and give them more motivation to try something new with enthusiasm.
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup. dry white wine
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- 12 oz. pasta shells, cooked
- ¼ cup. chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Toss chicken with the flour mixture, discarding excess flour.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken on all sides (2-3 minutes).
- Pour the wine into the Dutch oven, scraping to dislodge any browned bits. Stir in the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the undrained tomatoes and herb seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour, or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink in the center.
- Top hot pasta with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with the parsley.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 53g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||13%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Includes 5g Added Sugars||10%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 42g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 268.8mcg||30%|
|Vitamin C 14.1mcg||15%|
|Vitamin E 1mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 48.5mcg||40%|
|Vitamin B6 1.1mg||60%|
|Vitamin B12 0.2mcg||10%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Chicken Breast, No Salt Added Stewed Tomatoes (tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Sugar, Dried Onion, Dried Celery, Dried Bell Pepper, Citric Acid, Calcium Chloride, Natural Flavors), Pasta Shells (semolina, Durum Flour, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate (iron), Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), White Wine, Carrots, Onion, Celery, Parsley, Enriched All Purpose Flour (unbleached Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Garlic, Olive Oil, Salt, Italian Seasoning (marjoram, Thyme, Rosemary, Savory, Sage, Oregano, And Basil), Black Pepper.