Forget pasta salad. Once you taste the way the quinoa just soaks up the simple dressing and experience the way the dressing-rich grains coat each piece of vegetable, you might even wonder what anyone ever saw in mayonnaise-drenched macaroni in the first place.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 3/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 3/4 cup red bell peppers, roasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons part-skim parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Greek Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with a fork. Allow it to cool for 30 minutes.
- Add broccoli, chicken, carrots, olives, roasted red bell peppers and cheeses to quinoa, stirring to combine.
- To make dressing: Combine oil, lemon, mint, salt and pepper and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over quinoa and stir to combine. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
4 servings per container
Serving Size 236 g
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 37g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 3g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 243.2mcg||25%|
|Vitamin C 98.7mg||110%|
|Vitamin E 4.8mg||35%|
|Vitamin K 82.5mcg||70%|
|Vitamin B6 0.7mg||35%|
|Vitamin B12 0.2mcg||8%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Broccoli, Whole Grain Quinoa, Chicken, Red Bell Pepper, Carrots, Olive Oil, Pitted Kalamata Olives (kalamata Olives, Water, Red Wine Vinegar, Sea Salt, Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Lemon Juice, Reduced Fat Feta Cheese (pasteurized Part-skim Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes, Cellulose), Parmesan Cheese (milk, Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Salt, Black Pepper, Peppermint.
Latest from Our Blog
Avoiding Burnout With Your Health Goals
In order to successfully achieve a health goal, it should fit into your life seamlessly. Avoid burnout by following this helpful advice.