A hearty, traditional beef roast that everyone will love, this dinner is a wonderful option for a fancy weekend dinner with guests. This recipe is designed to feed a large crowd, but you can easily cut in in half or in thirds if your crew is smaller.
- 1½ Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3 lbs. beef top sirloin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lbs. baby red potatoes, halved
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Combine rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper; press 1½ teaspoons of the mix evenly onto beef. Stir oil into remaining seasoning mixture and set aside.
- Toss potatoes, carrots, onions, and remaining seasoning mixture to coat. Arrange in a single layer on metal baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place beef on rack in shallow baking pan. Place both beef and vegetables in oven and roast until halfway cooked (25 minutes).
- Stir vegetables and add zucchini to baking pan. Continue roasting until vegetables are tender and meat reaches a minimum internal temperature of 145ºF (20-25 minutes).
- Turn oven off, but leave vegetables inside to remain warm while beef rests. Transfer beef to carving board, tent with foil, and let rest (15 minutes).
- Carve beef into slices. Serve with vegetables.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||36%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 12g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Beef, Potatoes, Onion, Carrots, Olive Oil, Zucchini Squash, Garlic, Salt, Rosemary, Black Pepper.
During the holidays, we gather with friends and family to lavish each other with love...often in the form of food. As much as we all enjoy the sweets this time of year, they can be rough on our systems. That's true of everyone, but especially true of people with conditions like diabetes who need to watch their food carefully to manage their blood sugar safely. This year, why not show your love by adding in one or two options to help your guests manage their health?