Love paprikash? Give this variation on the classic Hungarian dish a try! Good Hungarian paprika, the flavor superstar of this dish, is hard to come by in the U.S., but smoked paprika is a good substitute. Just cut the amount in half if you make the switch and adjust to taste–the smoked is much stronger in flavor than typical paprika.
- 4 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb. top sirloin steak, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- Pepper to taste
- 4 cups yolk-free egg noodles
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. paprika
- ¾ cup beef broth
- 1 cup peas
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté beef and garlic until beef is browned (3-4 minutes). Season with pepper and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles cook, heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-low heat until hot. Add mushrooms, onions, and paprika and cook until vegetables are tender, adding water if needed to prevent pan from going dry (3-5 minutes).
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Add peas and simmer until peas are tender (2-3 minutes).
- Return beef to skillet and stir in sour cream. Cook until heated through. Do not allow to boil.
- Serve beef mixture over noodles. Garnish with tomatoes.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 6.5g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.5g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
|Total Sugars 8g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 7g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Beef, Yolk - Free Egg Noodles (durum Flour (wheat), Egg Whites, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate (iron), Thiamin Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2) And Folic Acid), Onion, Mushrooms, Beef Broth (beef Broth, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Caramel Color, Natural Flavors, Maltodextrin, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate), Green Peas, Reduced Fat Sour Cream (cultured Pasteurized Grade A Milk And Cream, Contains Less Than 1% Of Pectin, Agar, Vitamin A Palmitate, Enzymes), Tomatoes, Water, Paprika, Soybean Oil, Garlic.