This variation on a classic middle east breakfast is simple, hearty, and filling. Broiling the eggs tends to lead to a soft set. If you like having more control over how firm your eggs are, heat the sauce to simmering in a small pan and poach the eggs directly in the sauce to desired texture before topping hot potatoes with eggs and sauce alike.
Number of Servings: 2 (293 G)
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 large russet potato, baked and halved
- 1/2 c. marinara sauce (3 Guiding Stars)
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of paprika
- Place warm potato halves on a parchment-lined baking sheet. If you’re using refrigerated potatoes, heat in the microwave for a minute or so to warm. Use a fork to fluff the inside of the potato without breaking the skin.
- Divide the marinara sauce between the potato halves and mix together a bit. Make a well in the center of the sauce and crack an egg into it.
- Broil 3 – 4 minutes or until the egg whites are set. Yolks will be runny: broil longer for more fully cooked egg.
- Sprinkle with the pinch of paprika and serve.