These easy chicken thighs are stuffed with flavor. Though canned artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes can be tempting for convenience, they can also have a lot of added sodium. Look for frozen artichokes and get your sun-dried tomatoes dry-packed, not in oil.
- 1 cup brown rice
- ⅓ cup low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup frozen artichoke hearts, chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While rice cooks, stir together the cream cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil.
- Flatten the chicken thighs to an even thickness and divide the mixture evenly between them. Roll them up gently.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high. Place the chicken rolls in the pan and sear on all sides until brown (4-5 minutes).
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet and cover. Bake in the oven until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (20-25 minutes). Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot over cooked rice.
4 servings per container
Serving Size 250 g
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8g|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 36g|
|Vitamin D 0.1mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 104.8mcg||10%|
|Vitamin C 6.1mg||6%|
|Vitamin E 1.8mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 90.8mcg||80%|
|Vitamin B6 0.8mg||45%|
|Vitamin B12 0.9mcg||40%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Chicken Thighs, Brown Rice, Low Sodium Chicken Broth (chicken Broth (filtered Water, Chicken Stock, Sea Salt), Chicken Flavor, Onion Powder, Potato Flour, Yeast Extract, Garlic Powder, Flavor, Turmeric And Flavor), Lowfat Cream Cheese (pasteurized Milk And Cream, Skim Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Stabilizers (carob Bean And/or Xanthan And/or Guar Gums), Basil, Artichokes, Spinach, Olive Oil, Sun Dried Tomatoes.
Latest from Our Blog
Avoiding Burnout With Your Health Goals
In order to successfully achieve a health goal, it should fit into your life seamlessly. Avoid burnout by following this helpful advice.