Chicken, artichoke and tomatoes are a classic combination that is often served with pasta. Boost the nutrition in your routine by trying this version with sweet potato noodles for more flavor in every bite.
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and spiralized
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Lay artichoke hearts on a parchment or foil-lined baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray. Season with oregano. Add the chicken to the oven with the artichokes and bake 20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- While chicken and artichokes are baking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low. Add garlic, red pepper flakes and onion. Cook until onion is soft, then add tomatoes.
- Gently toss in sweet potato noodles and cover. Cook until noodles are just soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Slice cooked chicken and toss chicken and artichokes into the noodle mix. Serve hot.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8.5g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||32%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 14g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 591.6mcg||70%|
|Vitamin C 40.2mg||45%|
|Vitamin E 1.8mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 23.5mcg||20%|
|Vitamin B6 0.7mg||40%|
|Vitamin B12 0.1mcg||4%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Diced Tomatoes (tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Calcium Chloride, Citric Acid), Artichokes, Sweet Potatoes, Chicken Breast, Red Onion, Olive Oil, Garlic, Oregano, Red Pepper Flakes.
It’s back to school season. That means it’s time to stock up on new gear, so your students are prepared to start the school year in style. Don’t forget about school lunch as you create your shopping lists. Whether your family has decided between school lunch or lunch from home, there will likely be a field trip where your child could use these lunch supplies. Parents have a lot of cool new products to choose from to ensure that their child’s lunch is not only nutritious and safe, but also looks appetizing at lunch time. For this month’s Nutritious Nudge, I created a list of lunch supplies and considerations to help parents with their back to school shopping.