An easy way to prepare your own snack bars.
Number of Servings: 24 (59 G )
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 4 cups Old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup Oat bran
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 2/3 cup Coarse chopped dried figs
- 2/3 cup Dried cranberries or craisins
- 6 ounces Pasteurized, egg whites lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Low fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Stir
together oats, oat bran, flour, salt, ginger, figs and cranberries in a large bowl. Whisk
together egg whites, honey, buttermilk, applesauce and oil in a separate medium bowl.
Stir liquid mixture into oat mixture and combine.
- Spoon batter into sprayed pan, spreading into an even layer. Bake until golden and
cooked through, about 40 minutes. Let cool completely in a pan on a rack. Cut into 24