Not satisfied with the packaged options for snack bars? This recipe lets you control exactly what goes into your family’s lunchboxes. Made with whole grains and dried fruit, this fiber-filled option will keep them full and their energy high as they go about their days.
Number of Servings: 24 (59 G )
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 4 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 c. oat bran
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 2/3 c. dried figs, chopped
- 2/3 c. dried cranberries
- 6 oz. egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2/3 c. honey
- 1/4 c. low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 c. applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Stir
together oats, oat bran, flour, salt, ginger, figs and cranberries in a large bowl. Whisk
together egg whites, honey, buttermilk, applesauce and oil in a separate medium bowl.
Stir liquid mixture into oat mixture and combine.
- Spoon batter into sprayed pan, spreading into an even layer. Bake until golden and
cooked through, about 40 minutes. Let cool completely in a pan on a rack. Cut into 24