Spinach and artichoke are a winning combination. In this cheesy, whole-grain pasta dish, the flavorful duo is bolstered by bright tomatoes.
- 6 oz. whole-grain rotini
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 Tbsp. plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 oz. low-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 (13½ oz.) can artichoke hearts, rinsed and chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve a ½ cup of the cooking liquid before draining the pasta.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender (8-10 minutes). Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant (1 minute).
- Heat the broiler. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, cream cheese, and Parmesan until well blended. Add the onion mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the pasta to the bowl and toss to coat. Stir in the spinach, artichokes, tomatoes and enough of the pasta cooking liquid to make the mixture look just moist.
- Spread the mixture in a 9″x9″ casserole dish. Sprinkle with the mozzarella. Broil until brown and bubbling (3-5 minutes).
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Total Carbohydrate 46g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||36%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 3g|
|Vitamin D 0.1mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 519.8mcg||60%|
|Vitamin C 19.5mg||20%|
|Vitamin E 2.7mg||20%|
|Vitamin K 269.7mcg||230%|
|Vitamin B6 0.2mg||10%|
|Vitamin B12 0.5mcg||20%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Artichoke Hearts (quartered Artichoke Hearts, Water, Salt, Citric Acid), Spinach, Tomatoes, Whole Grain Rotini (whole Grain Durum Wheat Flour), Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt (skim Milk, Active Bacterial Culture, Vitamin As Palmitate, Vitamin D3), Onion, Lowfat Cream Cheese (pasteurized Milk And Cream, Skim Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Stabilizers (carob Bean And/or Xanthan And/or Guar Gums), Shredded Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese (pasteurized Part-skim Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt And Enzymes, Potato Starch, Corn Starch And Calcium Sulfate Added To Prevent Caking, Natamycin (a Natural Mold Inhibitor), Parmesan Cheese ((pasteurized Part-skim Cow's Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Cellulose Powder Added To Prevent Caking, Potassium Sorbate To Protect Flavor), Garlic, Olive Oil.