This classic recipe is lightened with fat-free cottage cheese, but is still rich in flavor with parmesan, lemon juice, nutmeg, and green onions. Serve as a side dish as itself or as a dip for an enticing platter of fresh veggies and whole-grain crackers.
- 16 oz. fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 5 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp. white pepper
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- 20 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 10 oz. frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- Preheat the oven to 375º F. Lightly spray a 9″x13″ baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- In a food processor or blender, process the cottage cheese, eggs, 3 tablespoons Parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, pepper, and nutmeg until smooth.
- Squeeze the moisture from the spinach. Put the spinach in a large bowl.
- Stir in the cottage cheese mixture and green onions. Spread half the mixture in the baking dish.
- Cut the artichoke hearts in half. Pat dry with paper towels. Place in a single layer on the spinach mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Cover with the remaining spinach mixture.
- Bake until heated through and bubbly (25-30 minutes).
6 servings per container
Serving Size 249 g
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||22%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 6g|
|Vitamin D 0.4mcg||2%|
|Vitamin A 606.8mcg||70%|
|Vitamin C 8.3mg||10%|
|Vitamin E 3mg||20%|
|Vitamin K 367.2mcg||310%|
|Vitamin B6 0.3mg||15%|
|Vitamin B12 0.6mcg||25%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Spinach, Fat Free Cottage Cheese (cultured Pasteurized Grade A Nonfat Milk, Grade A Whey, Corn Starch, Guar Gum, Citric Acid, Salt, Natural Flavors, Cultured Whey, Color Added, Lactic Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Locust Bean Gum, Carrageenan, Sodium And Potassium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Tricalcium Phosphate, Tricalcium Citrate, Potassium Sorbate And Carbon Dioxide (to Preserve Freshness), Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3, L Acidophilus And Bifidus Cultures), Artichoke Hearts, Eggs, Green Onion, Parmesan Cheese ((pasteurized Part-skim Cow's Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Cellulose Powder Added To Prevent Caking, Potassium Sorbate To Protect Flavor), Lemon Juice, Garlic, White Pepper, Ground Nutmeg.
Latest from Our Blog
Allergy Awareness Month
Raising awareness and helping people with allergies are the goals of Allergy Awareness Month. Learn more about food allergies and overall wellness here.