Collard greens are a sturdy alternative to regular sandwich wraps. They provide a little extra green in your day. If you need to keep your meal gluten-free, getting your grains via quinoa instead of a specialized processed wrap can be easier.
- 1 cup quinoa
- ¼ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. salt-free southwest seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch collard greens, stemmed
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- While quinoa is cooking, cook onion and pepper with vegetable broth in a small pan over medium heat until just soft (5-8 minutes).
- Once quinoa, peppers, and onions have finished cooking, stir the onion mixture, corn, beans, seasoning, and lemon juice into the quinoa.
- Divide quinoa mixture and sliced avocado evenly between collard leaves, rolling each into a wrap to serve.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11.5g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6g|
|Total Carbohydrate 65g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.5g||57%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 19g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 164.1mcg||20%|
|Vitamin C 73.7mg||80%|
|Vitamin E 4.2mg||25%|
|Vitamin K 172.1mcg||140%|
|Vitamin B6 0.6mg||35%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Whole Corn (corn, Water, Salt), Black Beans (black Beans, Water, Salt), Avocado, Whole Grain Quinoa, Bell Pepper, Collard Greens, Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (water, Organic Carrots, Organic Celery, Organic Onions, Organic Leeks, Organic Tomato Puree (organic Tomatoes, Sea Salt, Citric Acid), Organic Mushrooms, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices, Organic Sea Salt), Onion, Lemon Juice, Southwest Chipotle Seasoning (spices (sweet Chili Pepper, Chipotle Chili Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Oregano, Thyme, Cumin, Parsley, Savory, Marjoram, Bay, Basil, Rosemary, Mustard, Coriander), Garlic, Onion, Carrot, Sugar, Citric Acid, Orange Peel, Modified Food Starch, Rice Concentrate, Lime Juice Solids, Lemon Juice Solids, Natural Chipotle Pepper Flavor, Natural Smoke Flavor).
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…