See scallops in a new light: the tang of lime pairs with a sweet and sultry mango-chili duo that will make you fall in love with seafood all over again. Unlike traditional ceviche, which simply uses an acidic marinade to denature the proteins, this recipe works with fully cooked scallops so you can be confident of food safety.
Tip: The richness of this dish can be overwhelming. You may try making it 6-8 side servings instead.
- 1 lb. dry sea scallops, tough muscle removed
- 2 mangoes, peeled and chopped, divided
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup thinly sliced chili peppers
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- Bring ½” water to a simmer in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallops and cook until firm and just cooked through (3-5 minutes). Drain the scallops and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add half the mango to the bowl with the scallops.
- Puree the remaining mango with lime juice and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour the puree over the scallops. Add peppers and onion and toss gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, gently stirring halfway through. Serve chilled.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||11%|
|Total Sugars 24g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 5g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 101.6mcg||10%|
|Vitamin C 88mg||100%|
|Vitamin E 2.2mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 10.3mcg||8%|
|Vitamin B6 0.4mg||25%|
|Vitamin B12 1.6mcg||70%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Mango, Scallops, Lime Juice, Jalapeno Pepper, Onion, Salt.