You may find yourself using this puréed apricot dressing and marinade for other salads as well. It’s fruity, minty, and very summery.
Tip: To toast almonds, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350ºF until golden brown and fragrant, stirring once or twice (5-7 minutes).
Marinade & Dressing:
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ½ bunch mint
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 6 peaches, pitted and cut into wedges
- ½ bunch mint, chopped
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Soak dried apricots in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and place apricots in a food processor or blender. Add remaining marinade/dressing ingredients and process until smooth. Reserve 1 cup for the dressing.
- Transfer the remaining marinade to a large, sealable plastic bag. Add chicken, seal, and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. Discard marinade.
- Oil grill and preheat to medium-high. Grill marinated chicken until it reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165ºF (6-8 minutes per side).
- While chicken is cooking, combine remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl. Slice cooked chicken and add to salad. Toss with dressing to coat.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 4g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 61g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.5g||50%|
|Total Sugars 44g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Peaches, Romaine Lettuce, Chicken Breast, Mint, Water, Orange Juice, Dried Apricots (apricots And Sulphur Dioxide), Olive Oil, Almonds, Honey, Dijon Mustard (water, Mustard Seed, Mustard Flour, Vinegar, Salt, White Wine, Citric Acid, Tumeric, Spices), Red Wine Vinegar, Salt, Orange Peel.
This week's recipe review brings you not one, but two recipes and a brilliant idea for combining them. Store-bought pie dough and cranberry sauce generally don't earn Guiding Stars because of salt, sugar, and saturated fat, but our team loves these recipes in our database