This dish will win over even those who don’t think they like Brussels sprouts, and with a boost of protein from the pistachios, the leftovers makes a great snack…assuming there are any leftovers.
Tip: For a little extra sweetness, sauté the shallots lightly in part of the olive oil before roasting them with the Brussels sprouts.
- 3 c. Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 1 c. shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 c. raw pistachios, shelled
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 3 T. olive oil
- Pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- 3 T. sherry wine (or vegetable stock, if omitting alcohol)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine Brussels sprouts, shallots and pistachios in a bowl and toss with spices, olive oil and wine.
2. Roast ingredients on sheet pan for 20 to 30 minutes, shaking pan about halfway through to ensure even cooking. Serve hot.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17.5g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11g|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||18%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 7g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 29mcg||4%|
|Vitamin C 60.3mcg||70%|
|Vitamin E 2.5mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 134.5mcg||110%|
|Vitamin B6 0.5mg||30%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Brussels Sprouts, Shallots, Pistachio Nuts, Cooking Sherry (sherry Wine, Salt, Potassium Sorbate (preservative), Sodium Metabisulfite (preservative)), Olive Oil, Salt, Black Pepper.
There are a few reasons why the summer season is uniquely challenging for the home cook. For one, kids are enjoying a blissful break from their school schedule, waking when they want and embracing an unscheduled life. Then there is the working parent, trying to squeeze as much fun as possible in while still going to work. Keeping up with the summer schedule while still providing nutritious family meals can be a little tough, but with a some thought, it’s a summer breeze.