This dish will win over even those who don’t think they like Brussels sprouts, and with a boost of protein from the pistachios, the leftovers makes a great snack…assuming there are any leftovers.
Tip: For a little extra sweetness, sauté the shallots lightly in part of the olive oil before roasting them with the Brussels sprouts.
- 3 c. Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 1 c. shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 c. raw pistachios, shelled
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 3 T. olive oil
- Pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- 3 T. sherry wine (or vegetable stock, if omitting alcohol)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine Brussels sprouts, shallots and pistachios in a bowl and toss with spices, olive oil and wine.
2. Roast ingredients on sheet pan for 20 to 30 minutes, shaking pan about halfway through to ensure even cooking. Serve hot.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17.5g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11g|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||18%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 7g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 29mcg||4%|
|Vitamin C 60.3mcg||70%|
|Vitamin E 2.5mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 134.5mcg||110%|
|Vitamin B6 0.5mg||30%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Brussels Sprouts, Shallots, Pistachio Nuts, Cooking Sherry (sherry Wine, Salt, Potassium Sorbate (preservative), Sodium Metabisulfite (preservative)), Olive Oil, Salt, Black Pepper.
As a retail dietitian, I work with all my customers, including my littlest shoppers. These are the guests that are often the most excited to see what nutritious message—and of course snack—I’m able to share with them. Even the very youngest, who remind me of their age by holding their three or four small fingers chat with me and absorb my carefully crafted guidance. These little friends who are quick to show me that they know how to count to three are most excited when I show them the little green cartoon that can also only count to three.