Topping a quick stir-fry with an egg is a great way to make sure it’s a filling, satisfying meal. Any combination of vegetables you have on hand will pair nicely with your favorite hot sauce–use this recipe as a basic template to use up your leftover veggies nicely.
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 baby bok choy, halved
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 eggs
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add bok choy and 2 teaspoons water. Cover and cook until bok choy is tender and leaves are wilted. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add spinach, cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce and garlic powder and sauté until vegetables are softened and spinach is wilted.
- Add bok choy back to skillet. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While vegetables are cooking, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Drop eggs into pan gently. Turn the heat to low, cook the eggs until whites are set. Gently flip each egg and cook to desired doneness.
- Layer bowls with rice and veggies, topping each with a fried egg.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14.5g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8g|
|Total Carbohydrate 37g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 1g Added Sugars||2%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 26g|
|Vitamin D 0.9mcg||6%|
|Vitamin A 522.8mcg||60%|
|Vitamin C 101.6mg||110%|
|Vitamin E 2.7mg||20%|
|Vitamin K 78.1mcg||70%|
|Vitamin B6 0.6mg||35%|
|Vitamin B12 0.4mcg||15%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Cooked Brown Rice (water, Brown Rice), Eggs, Bok Choy, Red Cabbage, Carrots, Red Bell Pepper, Green Bell Pepper, Spinach, Olive Oil, Chili Garlic Sauce (water, Red Chili, Glucose Syrup, Sugar, Garlic, Thickener (modified Starch E1422), Salt, Acidity Regulator (acetic Acid E260), Stabilizer (xanthan Gum E415)), Sesame Oil, Garlic Powder.
Check out these five handy kitchen gadgets that'll level-up your culinary game, and also make excellent holiday gifts.