Traditional tabbouleh uses tomatoes instead of plums, and while we love that combination, swapping in sweet and tart plums is a brilliant idea. When they’re in season, their perfectly sweet flesh is a wonderful match for the mint and lemon used to flavor tabbouleh. Make a double batch and send it off for lunches all week long–your family will love the delicious variety.
- 1 cup fine bulgur
- Boiling water
- 6 scallions, trimmed of root and tougher green ends, finely sliced
- 6 ripe plums, halved, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 fresno chile (or other hot red chile), seeded and finely chopped
- 8 mint sprigs, coarsely chopped
- 8 Italian parsley sprigs, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- ⅛ tsp. Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place bulgur in a bowl. Add boiling water until the bulgur is just covered, then set aside for 15 minutes.
- To a large bowl, add scallions, ripe plums, fresno chile, mint, parsley, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with a generous pinch of salt and several turns of black pepper.
- Fluff bulgur up with a fork. If you notice any water remaining at the bottom of the bowl, drain. Add bulgur to the bowl with the plum-herb mixture, crumbling up any large pieces. Gently toss to combine.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7.5g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||25%|
|Total Sugars 11g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 23g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 47.3mcg||6%|
|Vitamin C 37.4mg||40%|
|Vitamin E 1.5mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 92mcg||80%|
|Vitamin B6 0.2mg||10%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Plums, Bulgur Wheat, Scallion, Lemon Juice, Hot Pepper, Olive Oil, Mint, Parsley, Salt.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…