“Primavera” means “the season of spring” and such pasta dishes are usually highlighted by fresh, in-season vegetables. Mix and match your favorite bell peppers to bring a dash of color to this wholesome dish.
- 1/2 cup cooked whole wheat pasta
- 1 cup bell pepper, any color
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1/4 cup nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1. Cook the pasta to package instructions.
2. Chop the bell pepper, onion, and mushroom and cook in vegetable broth over high heat.
3. While the pasta and vegetables are cooking, combine the ricotta, Italian seasoning, garlic and pine nuts in a separate bowl and mix evenly.
4. Once the pasta has finished cooking, strain and combine with the ricotta mixture.
5. After vegetables have finished cooking, gently fold into the pasta and ricotta.
1 servings per container
Serving Size 479 g
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12.5g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 6g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Total Carbohydrate 43g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.5g||29%|
|Total Sugars 14g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 21g|
|Vitamin D 0.1mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 290mcg||30%|
|Vitamin C 197.5mg||220%|
|Vitamin E 4.2mg||25%|
|Vitamin K 17.2mcg||15%|
|Vitamin B6 0.7mg||40%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Red Bell Pepper, Onion, Whole Wheat Pasta (100% Pure Durum Semolina, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate (iron), Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Fat Free Ricotta Cheese (milk, Salt, Enzymes), Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (water, Organic Carrots, Organic Onion, Organic Celery, Organic Leeks, Organic Tomato Puree, Organic Mushrooms, Organic Garlic, Sea Salt, Organic Savory Leaf, Organic Ground Bay Leaf), Mushrooms, Pine Nuts, Italian Seasoning (marjoram, Thyme, Rosemary, Savory, Sage, Oregano, And Basil), Garlic.
Latest from Our Blog
Avoiding Burnout With Your Health Goals
In order to successfully achieve a health goal, it should fit into your life seamlessly. Avoid burnout by following this helpful advice.