This simple soup is made savory and rich with the addition of nicely spiced turkey kielbasa. Warm up from winter fun with this meal that can be easily made in a slow cooker.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup baby carrots, halved
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 oz. turkey kielbasa, halved lengthwise and cut into ½" pieces
- 4 cups fat-free, low sodium vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 (15.8 oz.) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6 oz.) bag fresh baby spinach leaves
- Heat a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, onion, garlic, and kielbasa; sauté, stirring occasionally (3 minutes). Reduce heat to medium and cook (5 minutes).
- Add the broth, Italian seasoning, pepper, and beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer (5 minutes).
- Place 2 cups of the soup in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. Return the pureed mixture to pan and bring to a simmer (5 minutes).
- Remove soup from heat. Add the spinach, stirring until spinach wilts.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||29%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 19g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 366mcg||40%|
|Vitamin C 14.3mg||15%|
|Vitamin E 1.6mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 170.2mcg||140%|
|Vitamin B6 0.3mg||20%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (water, Organic Carrots, Organic Celery, Organic Onions, Organic Leeks, Organic Tomato Puree (organic Tomatoes, Sea Salt, Citric Acid), Organic Mushrooms, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices, Organic Sea Salt), Great Northern Beans (prepared Great Northern Beans, Water, Salt And Calcium Chloride), Turkey Kielbasa (turkey, Mechanically Separated Turkey, Water, Corn Syrup, Contains 2% Or Less: Salt, Spice And Flavor, Dextrose, Isolated Soy Product, Isolated Soy Protein, Monosodium Glutamate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrate), Spinach, Onion, Carrots, Garlic, Cooking Spray (canola Oil (adds A Trivial Amount Of Fat), Palm Oil (adds A Trivial Amount Of Fat), Coconut Oil (adds A Trivial Amount Of Fat), Lecithin From Soybeans (non Stick Agent), Dimethyl Silicone (for Anti-foaming), Rosemary Extract (preservative)), Italian Seasoning (marjoram, Thyme, Rosemary, Savory, Sage, Oregano, And Basil), Black Pepper.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…