This Asian-style sauce substitutes almond butter for peanut butter. The subtle difference makes a silky, sweet sauce that’s a treat over noodles and roasted pork.
- ½ tsp. canola oil
- ½ lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz. uncooked whole grain fettuccine
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2½ Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. minced, peeled, fresh ginger
- 1½ tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Drizzle oil in an ovenproof skillet. Sprinkle pork with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Place pork in pan and bake (10 minutes). Turn pork over, and bake until a thermometer registers 155°F (10 minutes).
- Remove pork from oven and place on a cutting board; let stand (10 minutes). Shred pork into small pieces.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons pasta water; keep pasta warm.
- Combine almond butter, 2 tablespoons pasta water, remaining salt, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and chili garlic sauce.
- Divide pasta evenly among 4 bowls; top evenly with sauce, pork, green onions, and mint.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.5g||32%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 36g|
|Vitamin D 0.2mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 17.6mcg||2%|
|Vitamin C 5.5mg||6%|
|Vitamin E 4.6mg||35%|
|Vitamin K 53.5mcg||45%|
|Vitamin B6 0.7mg||40%|
|Vitamin B12 0.3mcg||15%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Pork Tenderloin, Whole Wheat Whole Grain Fettuccine (100% Durum Whole Wheat Flour), Onion, Almond Butter (dry Roasted Unblanched Almonds), Low Sodium Soy Sauce (water, Wheat, Soybeans, Salt, Lactic Acid, Sodium Benzoate: Less Than 1/10th Of 1% As A Preservative), Rice Vinegar, Peppermint, Chili Garlic Sauce (chili, Salt, Garlic, Distilled Vinegar, Potassium Sorbate And Sodium Bisulfite As Preservatives And Xanthan Gum), Ginger, Salt, Canola Oil, Black Pepper.