This Asian-style sauce substitutes almond butter for peanut butter. The subtle difference makes a silky, sweet sauce that’s a treat over noodles and roasted pork.
- ½ tsp. canola oil
- ½ lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz. uncooked whole grain fettuccine
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2½ Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. minced, peeled, fresh ginger
- 1½ tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Drizzle oil in an ovenproof skillet. Sprinkle pork with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Place pork in pan and bake (10 minutes). Turn pork over, and bake until a thermometer registers 155°F (10 minutes).
- Remove pork from oven and place on a cutting board; let stand (10 minutes). Shred pork into small pieces.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons pasta water; keep pasta warm.
- Combine almond butter, 2 tablespoons pasta water, remaining salt, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and chili garlic sauce.
- Divide pasta evenly among 4 bowls; top evenly with sauce, pork, green onions, and mint.
4 servings per container
Serving Size 179 g
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.5g||32%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 36g|
|Vitamin D 0.2mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 17.6mcg||2%|
|Vitamin C 5.5mg||6%|
|Vitamin E 4.6mg||35%|
|Vitamin K 53.5mcg||45%|
|Vitamin B6 0.7mg||40%|
|Vitamin B12 0.3mcg||15%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Pork Tenderloin, Whole Wheat Whole Grain Fettuccine (100% Durum Whole Wheat Flour), Onion, Almond Butter (dry Roasted Unblanched Almonds), Low Sodium Soy Sauce (water, Wheat, Soybeans, Salt, Lactic Acid, Sodium Benzoate: Less Than 1/10th Of 1% As A Preservative), Rice Vinegar, Peppermint, Chili Garlic Sauce (chili, Salt, Garlic, Distilled Vinegar, Potassium Sorbate And Sodium Bisulfite As Preservatives And Xanthan Gum), Ginger, Salt, Canola Oil, Black Pepper.
Latest from Our Blog
Allergy Awareness Month
Raising awareness and helping people with allergies are the goals of Allergy Awareness Month. Learn more about food allergies and overall wellness here.