If you’re craving a soft piece of lemony-dessert heaven, give these simple balls a try. Almonds bring protein to the table and fiber-packed dates sweeten the deal.
- 1 cup almonds, roasted
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Coarsely chop almonds in food processor.
2. Juice the 2 lemons and add lemon juice and dates into the machine. Blend until a soft “dough” forms.
3. Using your hands, form little balls and roll them in the coconut. Refrigerate leftovers.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 9g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Lemon, Medjool Dates, Almonds, Shredded Coconut.
During the holidays, we gather with friends and family to lavish each other with love...often in the form of food. As much as we all enjoy the sweets this time of year, they can be rough on our systems. That's true of everyone, but especially true of people with conditions like diabetes who need to watch their food carefully to manage their blood sugar safely. This year, why not show your love by adding in one or two options to help your guests manage their health?