You don’t need to look for the most colorful root veggies at the farmers’ market to make this dish incredible, but it doesn’t hurt. You might be able to find unique radishes (which are incredibly sweet when roasted) or small salad turnips (which have none of the bitterness associated with their larger relatives).
Tip: If your root veggies are giving your soaked wooden skewers a tough time, microwave them for 2-3 minutes to make them easier to skewer.
- 4 lb. lean pork loin, trimmed
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. rosemary
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, washed and halved
- 1 lb. rainbow carrots, washed and cut into large chunks
- 1 lb. radishes, washed and halved
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Soak bamboo skewers in cold water while preparing the vegetables. Heat grill to high.
- Wash the pork loin and pat dry. Rub generously with half of spices and herbs.
- Arrange vegetables on skewers. Brush with oil and sprinkle with remaining spices and herbs.
- Grill the pork loin until each side is seared lightly brown (2-3 minutes per side).
- Reduce heat to medium. Lay the kebabs on the heat. Cover and let cook until vegetables are tender and internal temperature of pork hits 155°F (25-30 minutes).
- Let the pork rest 15 minutes, tented with foil.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5.5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 8g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Pork Loin, Small Potatoes, Carrots, Radishes, Olive Oil, Rosemary, Salt, Black Pepper.
This week's recipe review brings you not one, but two recipes and a brilliant idea for combining them. Store-bought pie dough and cranberry sauce generally don't earn Guiding Stars because of salt, sugar, and saturated fat, but our team loves these recipes in our database