Dorene Mills 8/24/16
Serving size ½ cup to ¾ cup
- 3 Cups Farro, fully cooked
- 3 ea. Fresh Peaches, sliced
- 2 ea. Ears of corn, shucked
- 1 ea. Fresh Red Pepper, diced
- ¼ Cup Olive oil
- 2 ea Scallions, sliced
- 2 ea. Medium Cloves of garlic
- 1 ea. Fresh Jalapeno, large, deseeded (or 2 medium for more kick)
- 2 ea. Limes, Zested and Juiced (use the zest and the juice for the dressing)
- 1 Tbs Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbs Honey
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Fresh Ground black pepper
- ½ Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Cook Farro according to package directions, omitting any salt if recommended
- Using olive oil, lightly coat peach slices and ears of corn.
- Preheat Grill to High Heat. When heated, cook peach slices 3 minutes each side, long enough to get grill marks. Remove and set aside.
- Grill Corn along side peaches rotating the ear so that it gets slightly grilled, approx. 5 minutes per section. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In small food processor, add all dressing components and blend until desired chunk size.
- When corn is cooled enough, take knife and slice down side removing kernels from the cob.
- Add all ingredients to bowl and mix. Serve immediately slightly warm, or allow to cool. The longer it sits the more strength in flavor the dressing grows.
- Refrigerate when done.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21.5g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 84g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.5g||32%|
|Total Sugars 14g|
|Includes 6g Added Sugars||12%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 60g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 68.7mcg||8%|
|Vitamin C 49.5mg||60%|
|Vitamin E 4.1mg||25%|
|Vitamin K 108.9mcg||90%|
|Vitamin B6 0.1mg||6%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Farro (wheat), Peaches, Corn, Limes, Olive Oil, Red Bell Pepper, Honey, Onion, Parsley, Red Wine Vinegar, Jalapeno Pepper, Garlic, Salt, Black Pepper.
It’s back to school season. That means it’s time to stock up on new gear, so your students are prepared to start the school year in style. Don’t forget about school lunch as you create your shopping lists. Whether your family has decided between school lunch or lunch from home, there will likely be a field trip where your child could use these lunch supplies. Parents have a lot of cool new products to choose from to ensure that their child’s lunch is not only nutritious and safe, but also looks appetizing at lunch time. For this month’s Nutritious Nudge, I created a list of lunch supplies and considerations to help parents with their back to school shopping.