Pureed potato makes this chowder creamy without the use of dairy. Serve with a side salad for a complete meal on a cool evening.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped and divided
- 4 medium waxy potatoes, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 quart low-sodium vegetable stock, divided
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. flakey white fish, chopped
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, and half of the celery until soft (5-8 minutes).
- Add white wine, stock, and half of the potatoes to the pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are very soft (15-20 minutes). Remove pot from heat. Blend until smooth with an immersion blender.
- Return to a simmer. Add the carrot, remaining potato, and chopped celery to the soup. Simmer until the potato is just tender (12-15 minutes).
- Add the fish and simmer until fish is cooked through (3-5 minutes). Stir in vinegar and serve hot.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 46g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||21%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 33g|
|Vitamin D 1mcg||6%|
|Vitamin A 145.7mcg||15%|
|Vitamin C 46.9mg||50%|
|Vitamin E 1.9mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 16.5mcg||15%|
|Vitamin B6 1mg||60%|
|Vitamin B12 1mcg||40%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (filtered Water, Organic Carrots, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Celery, Organic Onions, Organic Garlic, Organic Leeks, Sea Salt, Organic Bay Leaves, Organic Parsley, Organic Thyme), Potatoes, Cod Fish, Onion, Celery, Carrots, White Wine, Olive Oil, White Wine Vinegar, Garlic.
Grilling season… the most wonderful time of year when you can bring the cooking outside and when pots and pans don’t greet you after a delicious dinner! As we embark on another season of warm weather cooking, it seems like the right time for a little “grill basics” refresher.