This satisfying, gluten-free soup is packed with healthful ingredients—cauliflower, sweet potatoes, beans—and Indian flavors. The ingredients require a little prep time, but the soup itself doesn’t get any easier to make—just stir and turn on the slow cooker! For a dairy-free version, simply omit the yogurt garnish.
Tip: It’s always a good idea to thaw frozen ingredients before adding them to the slow cooker crock. Extreme temperature changes as the slow cooker starts to heat the frozen food can cause the crock to crack.
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen cauliflower florets, thawed
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed well, and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp.+1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper or more to taste
- 1 (32 oz.) container low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
2 (15.5 oz.) cans no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Stir together all ingredients except the Greek yogurt and cilantro (if using) in the slow cooker crock. Cover and cook 8 hours on LOW (or 4 hours on HIGH).
- Stir well before serving. Garnish bowls with the yogurt and cilantro, if desired.
*Optional garnishes have not been included in the rating of this recipe.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 53g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.5g||50%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 29g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 884.6mcg||100%|
|Vitamin C 60.9mg||70%|
|Vitamin E 1.1mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 31.4mcg||25%|
|Vitamin B6 0.4mg||25%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (water, Organic Carrots, Organic Celery, Organic Onions, Organic Leeks, Organic Tomato Puree (organic Tomatoes, Sea Salt, Citric Acid), Organic Mushrooms, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices, Organic Sea Salt), No Salt Added Cannellini Beans (organic White Kidney Beans, Water, Kombu Seaweed), Sweet Potato, Cauliflower, Leeks, Curry Powder (spices, Turmeric, Garlic, Silicon Dioxide), Salt, Ginger Root, Cayenne Pepper.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…