Play with herbs, spices and garlic to find a packet that hits your tastebuds just right! Many chicken sausages come already parboiled, making this an easy meal to prep in foil packets before you head out camping. If you’re making it at home, try grilling everything in a cast iron skillet – a whole new world of flavors will open up before you.
- 1 lb. chicken sausage, parboiled and cut into slices
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into ½" cubes
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 12 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 8 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil, divided
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the meat and vegetables, gently adding tomatoes last. Divide mixture between eight double-thicknesses of heavy-duty foil. Top each with a bit of olive oil, basil and black pepper.
- Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Carefully open foil to allow steam to escape before serving.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10.5g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||25%|
|Total Sugars 12g|
|Includes 1g Added Sugars||2%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 17g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 124mcg||15%|
|Vitamin C 100.7mg||110%|
|Vitamin E 2.3mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 34.5mcg||30%|
|Vitamin B6 0.7mg||40%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Tomatoes, Potatoes, Mild Italian Chicken Sausage (skinless Chicken Meat, Red And Green Peppers, Water, Contains 2% Or Less Of Seasoning (salt, Spices, Turbinado Sugar)), Onion, Cabbage, Green Bell Pepper, Red Bell Pepper, Zucchini, Summer Squash, Olive Oil, Basil.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…