This summer-fresh salad is best when fresh, tender vegetables are available at your farmer’s market, but making it in the cold winter will bring your taste buds happily back to the warmth of summer.
- Salad Ingredients
- 5 to 6 fingerling potatoes, boiled and sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 cup hearts of palm, sliced
- 4 cups baby lettuce or arugula, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken, baked and sliced
- Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Toss the kernels with the sliced potatoes, sliced tomatoes, hearts of palm, lettuce, and basil.
- Make the vinaigrette. Combine the lemon juice, vinegar, and mustard in a bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly stream in the olive oil while whisking vigorously.
- To serve, toss the salad with the vinaigrette. Place a quarter of the chicken on each plate and top with the salad.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 31g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 4g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 49g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||25%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 35g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 82.6mcg||10%|
|Vitamin C 62.9mg||70%|
|Vitamin E 5.1mg||35%|
|Vitamin K 70.2mcg||60%|
|Vitamin B6 1.7mg||100%|
|Vitamin B12 0.2mcg||8%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Small Potatoes, Chicken Breast, Tomatoes, Whole Yellow Corn, Palm Hearts, Olive Oil, Arugula, Red Wine Vinegar, Lemon Juice, Basil, Dijon Mustard (water, Mustard Seed, Mustard Flour, Vinegar, Salt, White Wine, Citric Acid, Tumeric, Spices).
This season, rather than making it complicated, lets seek to engage in five healthy habits. Over time, they will lead to better overall health and wellness. Individually, these ideas may seem simple, but together they create a lifestyle that removes barriers and encourages balanced nutrition, exercise, and overall improved wellness.