Erythritol is a sugar alcohol that is 60–70% as sweet as table sugar yet it is almost non-caloric, does not affect blood sugar, does not cause tooth decay, and is partially absorbed by the body. It is less likely to cause gastric side effects than other sugar alcohols due to its unique digestion pathway.
- 3 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup granulated erythritol
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup quinoa flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. instant coffee
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (15½ oz.) can no salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 9-inch brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir the flaxseed and almond milk together, set aside to thicken.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a blender, puree applesauce, black beans, oil, vanilla and thickened flaxseed mixture. Puree until all of the beans have been liquified. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet in thirds, whisking thoroughly each time. The batter should be thick.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes. To test if the center is cooked, tap the surface. If it’s firm and springs back, it’s ready.
- Let cool for about 30-40 minutes in the pan, then flip onto a drying rack top-side/ugly-side down. Peel off the parchment paper and let cool completely before slicing.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 32g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||21%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 16g|
|Other Carbohydrate 24g|
|Vitamin D 0.1mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 4.5mcg||0%|
|Vitamin C 0.2mg||0%|
|Vitamin E 0.9mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 2.5mcg||2%|
|Vitamin B6 0.1mg||0%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Black Beans, Erythritol, Unsweetened Applesauce, Unsweetened Almond Milk (almondmilk (filtered Water, Almonds), Tricalcium Phosphate, Sea Salt, Gellan Gum, Dipotassium Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Sunflower Lecithin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, D-alpha Tocopherol (natural Vitamin E)), Cocoa, Whole Grain Quinoa Flour, Ground Flax Seeds, Canola Oil, Baking Powder (sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate), Baking Soda, Vanilla Extract, Salt, Instant Coffee.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…