If you never thought your vegetables could satisfy a sweet tooth, think again. Choose small beets for this simple roasted beets recipe or candy beets if you can get them, and enjoy vegetables in a way you never have before.
- ½ pound beet roots, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the over to 450ºF. Line a baking pan with a piece of parchment paper.
- Put the beet slices in a mixing bowl and toss thoroughly with the salt, thyme, and olive oil. Arrange the slices evenly on the pan.
- Roast until the beets are tender and shrunken (10-18 minutes).
- Serve warm or cold. Warm, they’ll be crispy like chips. Cool, they’ll be more like fruit leather.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||4%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 0g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Beets, Olive Oil, Salt, Thyme.
Summertime, and the eating is fishy...in a good way. Visit your seafood counter for the freshest catch of the week and top it with the farmer's market-ripe tomatoes and an absolute bounty of basil for a dish that will having your guests absolutely swimming in anticipatory saliva.