A simple marinade of balsamic vinegar and garlic take your average chicken and elevates it to a brand new level of flavor. To round out the meal, add your favorite fruit to the spinach and serve with whole-grain bread.
- 4 (4 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 cups spinach
- Combine ½ cup balsamic vinegar, garlic, and chicken in a freezer bag. Cover and marinate in refrigerator (1 hour).
- Remove chicken from freezer bag and discard marinade. Place chicken on broiler pan coated with cooking spray and broil on high on the top rack, turning once, until chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165ºF (5-6 minutes per side).
- Toss remaining ¼ cup balsamic vinegar with salad greens. Serve greens topped with chicken.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Chicken Breast, Spinach, Balsamic Vinegar, Garlic.
This week's recipe review brings you not one, but two recipes and a brilliant idea for combining them. Store-bought pie dough and cranberry sauce generally don't earn Guiding Stars because of salt, sugar, and saturated fat, but our team loves these recipes in our database