Did you know that pesto can be made not only with just about any green, but with a wide variety of vegetables? Asparagus is the superstar in this recipe, and just like any other pesto, you can make it last longer by freezing it.
Number of Servings: 8 (91 G )
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 6 Minutes
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 c. sliced almonds
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- Cook asparagus in boiling water for 4-6 minutes, until tender. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid and drain.
- Cool and chop asparagus.
- Add all ingredients except reserved liquid to a food processor and process until well blended, drizzling in the reserved cooking liquid to reach desired texture.
- Use in place of pesto in any recipe.