GUIDING STARS $1,000 GROCERY GIFT CARD and (Optional) GUIDING STARS SOCIAL/INSTAGRAM FEATURE
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE GUIDING STARS $1,000 GROCERY GIFT CARD and (Optional) GUIDING STARS SOCIAL/INSTAGRAM FEATURE (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, and West Virginia AND VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, and West Virginia who are 18 years of age or older that have reached the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Guiding Stars Licensing Company, LLC (“Guiding Stars” or “Sponsor”), Ahold Delhaize, and RP3 Agency, LLC (“RP3”) employees and their respective parent companies, affiliates, promotion and other vendor agencies involved in this Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter or win, except that retail store employees who work as retail associates in a Giant, Giant Company, Giant Foods, Giant Heirloom, Martin’s, Hannaford, Stop and Shop, or Food Lion retail store, and their immediate family members, may be eligible to enter and win if they meet all other eligibility requirements. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law.
- SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: The Sweepstakes will take place between 12:01 a.m. ET on September 9, 2022 and 11:59 p.m. ET on September 30, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period will consist of four (4) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”). Entry Period 1 begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on September 9, 2022 and ends on 11:59 p.m. ET September 17, 2022. Entry Period 2 begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on September 18, 2022 and ends on 11:59 p.m. ET September 24, 2022. Entry Period 3 begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on September 25, 2022 and ends on 11:59 p.m. ET September 28, 2022. Entry Period 4 begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on September 29, 2022 and ends on 11:59 p.m. ET September 30, 2022.
Entries must be submitted by the authorized Instagram account holder. The identity or eligibility of the selected potential winner will be based on an Instagram handle and in the event of a dispute, the potential winning Entry will be declared made by the Authorized Instagram Account Holder of the Instagram handle at the time of entry. “Authorized Instagram Account Holder” is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to the Instagram account from which the Entry was received.
Limit one (1) Entry per person/ authorized e-mail account holder via online entry method for the duration of the Sweepstakes. Limit of up to two (2) entries per person/authorized Instagram account holder per Entry Period, for a potential total of eight (8) Instagram entries. during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants are only eligible to win once (1) out of the four (4) weekly prizes. The winner of a weekly prize is eligible for the grand prize at the close of the Sweepstakes Period.
Any attempt by any person to submit more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses/accounts or Instagram handles/accounts or any other methods will void that person’s Sweepstakes Entries (“Entries” or “Entry”) and that person will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period in strict accordance with the instructions and restrictions in these Official Rules. Entries may not be made jointly or by any group and may only be made by an individual. Proof of submitting an Entry other than as detailed above (such as a printed or copied confirmation screen or message) does not constitute actual receipt of the Entry for purposes of this Sweepstakes. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor, receipt of Entries will not be acknowledged, and Entries will not be returned. Mechanical reproductions, alterations, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, late, forged Entries, or Entries generated by a macro, bot, or other automated means will not be accepted and are void. Those who do not follow all the instructions, provide the required information in their Entry, or abide by these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- RANDOM DRAWING, PRIZES, AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): Prize winners will be randomly selected from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period for a total of four (4) First Prizes ($100 Grocery gift cards) on or about September 18, 2022, September 25, 2022, September 29, 2022, and September 10/1, 2022), and one (1) Grand Prize ($1,000 Grocery gift card) at the close of the Sweepstakes Period on or about October 1, 2022. The random drawings will be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning a Prize will be based on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period and during the Sweepstakes Period. All winning and non-winning entries from the Entry Period 1 drawing will roll over to the subsequent Entry Periods. Limit one (1) First Prize and one (1) Grand Prize per person.
One Grand Prize: One Grand Prize winner will receive a $1,000 gift card for shopping with an applicable Guiding Star participating grocery store as determined by Sponsor, to include Giant Foods, The Giant Company (includes Giant, Giant Heirloom and Martins), Hannaford, Stop and Shop, and Food Lion. The Grand Prize Winner will receive an invitation to appear in a feature social post on Guiding Star’s Instagram account; this is an optional element of the Grand Prize, and will not result in compensation or additional Prizes.
ARV of the Grand Prize is $1,000.
Four (4) First Prizes of One (1) $100 Grocery Store Gift Card.
Gift cards for the Grand Prize and First Prizes will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, from the following grocery stores: Giant Foods, The Giant Company (includes Giant, Giant Heirloom and Martins), Hannaford, Stop and Shop, and Food Lion. ARV of each First Prize is $100.
Total ARV of all Prizes to be awarded is $1,400.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of any Prize is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all federal, state, or local tax obligation or other expense that a winner may be liable for, as a result of receiving any Prize is the sole responsibility of the winner, and Sponsor will comply with all tax reporting requirements. All federal, state, and local taxes and fees related to a Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. Prize consists only of the items specifically listed as part of the Prize. If any items selected by any winner equal less than the stated value of the gift card Prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or as change. Standard gift card terms and conditions apply. All Prizes, and all items acquired using all Prizes, are subject to manufacturers’ warranties. Sponsor, in its sole discretion reserves the right to substitute for any Prize another prize of the same approximate retail value.
- NOTIFICATION OF PRIZE WINNERS/FULFILLMENT OF PRIZES: Potential Prize winners will be notified on or about two (2) business days following each Entry Period random drawing via phone or email to the phone number provided on the Official Entry Form or via direct message to their Instagram account the potential Prize winners used to enter. Potential Prize winners must respond to the phone, email, or Instagram direct message notification within seventy-two (72) hours of attempted notification. If a potential Prize winner does not respond to phone, email, or Instagram direct message notification within seventy-two (72) hours of attempted notification, that potential Prize winner may forfeit the Prize and Sponsor reserves the right to attempt to award that Prize to another potential Prize winner if feasible. If any potential Prize winner rejects his/her Prize, or if a potential Prize winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, such Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to attempt to award that Prize to another potential Prize winner if feasible. Sponsor will attempt to fulfill First Prizes within 4-6 weeks, and will attempt to fulfill Grand Prize within 4-6 weeks of winner confirmation. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given to the potential winner of that Prize. Any expenses not specified as part of a Prize description are solely the winner’s responsibility.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to the Sponsor, and those acting under Sponsor’s authority, the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, social, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, in perpetuity, including the World Wide Web without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, or consent unless prohibited by law.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: If for any reason the Sweepstakes, is not capable of running as planned, including disruptions caused by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or any other cause that corrupts, affects or compromises the administration, security, fairness, integrity, proper conduct or intended play of the Sweepstakes (each a “Force Majeure” event), Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). In the event the Sweepstakes is canceled or terminated as a result of a Force Majeure event or other event or occurrence, Sponsor reserves the right to select potential winners of Prizes in random drawings from among eligible Entries and available Prizes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries, including any erroneous appearance of qualification for a Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, cable, satellite, servers, network or Internet service provider (ISP), computer equipment, software, failure of any Entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problem or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sweepstakes entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means which subvert the entry process are ineligible and will be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a potential winner based on an email account, the Entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the email account submitted at the time of the Entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a potential winner based on an Instagram account, the Entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Instagram account submitted at the time of the Entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address or Instagram account.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes, rule interpretation or award of Prize, shall be resolved by RP3 and/or Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final. By entering, entrant agrees to be notified using the contact information provided in the Entry by the Sponsor and/or RP3 for the purposes of the administration of this Sweepstakes. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, RP3, Ahold Delhaize and its affiliates, including but not limited to Guiding Stars, Giant Foods, The Giant Company, Hannaford, Stop and Shop, Food Lion, and their respective affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of Prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to a Force Majeure event or other such event. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way, shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, printing, or other error in the printing of these Official Rules, or any network, computer, mechanical, electronic, human or other errors or problems in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, or in the announcement or designation of Prizes, including such error that may give an erroneous indication that a Prize has been won. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and are not returnable.
Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Maine, City of Scarborough. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MAINE WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES.
For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in the County of Cumberland, State of Maine. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- WINNERS’ LIST: To receive the name of the winners, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by November 1, 2022 to: Guiding Stars $1,000 Gift Card Sweepstakes Winner List, Guiding Stars Licensing Company, LLC, 145 Pleasant Hill Road, Scarborough ME, 04074
The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Guiding Stars Licensing Company, LLC, 145 Pleasant Hill Road, Scarborough, ME, 04074.
The Sweepstakes is administered by Guiding Stars Licensing Company, LLC, 145 Pleasant Hill Road, Scarborough, ME, 04074.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Entrants release Instagram from liability in connection with the Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Enter online and/or through Instagram account between 9/9/22 and 9/31/22. Open to legal residents of CT, DC, DE, GA, KY, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, NC, PA, RI, SC, TN, VT, VA, and WV 18+ at time of entry. There are two ways to enter 1) Via Online and 2) Via Instagram. For details and Official Rules, click here. Limit one (1) Entry per person/authorized e-mail account holder via online entry method during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit two (2) Entries per person/authorized Instagram account holder during each Entry Period. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsored by Guiding Stars Licensing Company, LLC, 145 Pleasant Hill Road, Scarborough ME, 04074.