Yes, Guiding Stars does accept guest posts! Please review our policy to make sure that we’re a good fit for a blogging partnership, and if you think we are, please fill out our contact form.
Thank you for reaching out to Guiding Stars. As the world’s first storewide nutrition guidance program, we have been leading the way in helping consumers make more nutritious food choices. Having expanded into colleges, hospitals, corporate cafeterias and now mobile, Guiding Stars can be found in many settings making nutritious shopping or dining simple, practical and fun.
Our readers trust us to provide them with solid information from reliable sources. You don’t need to be a proven writer, but you do need to be able to demonstrate some level of expertise in your proposed topic.
What to Write
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook and review our blog to get a sense of what interests our audience.
We believe that healthy eating can be straightforward and affordable for everyone. Our readers are looking for brilliant advice on easy ways for people to make better food choices. Many issues in the world of nutrition can quickly get bogged down in debate–your guest post should offer clarity that is grounded in the most recent nutrition science.
- Top 5 Kids’ Kitchen Jobs
- Three Ways to “Spring Clean” Your Diet
- How to Stay Active in the Summer Heat
- Food is Not a Reward
- Real/whole food
- Fruits, vegetables, & whole grain
- Health & wellness
- Kids & family
- School lunch
- Meal prep tips
- Food science findings
- Policy debates/changes
- Food gardens/herbs
- Healthful flavor tips (e.g., herbs & spices)
- Fun nutrition/fitness related giveaways
- Nutrition/health/fitness technology (apps, tracking software)
Topics to Avoid:
- Recipes that we haven’t rated
- Current news on health outbreaks
- Giveaways that do not support nutrition or fitness
- Advertising-like product reviews
- Recommendations of foods that don’t earn Guiding Stars
How to Submit
Please fill out the form below completely. We review all submissions. If we’re interested in working with you, we will send you a follow-up email within two weeks.
If we agree to look at your work, you will be asked to send the following items:
- Blog post, between 300-500 words. We do not accept guest posts of more than 500 words.
- 150×150 pixel headshot – JPG format preferred: recognizable, head and shoulders
- 100 word author bio