Sweet beets and creamy goat cheese make a beautiful pairing with the nutty flavor of young greens. Mix up the flavor as you like with fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary. A splash of balsamic vinegar would add a nice twist too.
Number of Servings: 1 (196 G )
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Minutes
- 1 large beet, roasted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon low-fat goat cheese
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- Slice the beet into thin slices.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Assemble all the ingredients in a sandwich and grill lightly on both sides until golden and warmed through.