These nutritious pancakes are the perfect way to wake up in the morning, but toppings are always the danger. Instead of syrup, try topped with a helping of lightly cooked fruit or plain yogurt sweetened with fruit.
- 1 T. flaxseed meal, soaked in 2 T. water
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 T. agave nectar
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/2 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c. blueberries
- Preheat a large, non-stick skillet.
- Soak flaxseed and water for 5 minutes. Add remaining wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries and let batter rest for 10 minutes if you have the time.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet. Flip when bubbles appear in the middle and the edges are starting to dry. Cook through and serve hot.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 7g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 69g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||32%|
|Total Sugars 18g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 41g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Unsweetened Almond Milk (almondmilk (filtered Water, Almonds), Tricalcium Phosphate, Sea Salt, Gellan Gum, Dipotassium Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Sunflower Lecithin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, D-alpha Tocopherol (natural Vitamin E)), Whole Wheat Flour, Blueberries, Water, Agave Syrup, Canola Oil, Flax Seed Meal, Baking Powder (sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate), Baking Soda, Vanilla Extract, Salt.
During the holidays, we gather with friends and family to lavish each other with love...often in the form of food. As much as we all enjoy the sweets this time of year, they can be rough on our systems. That's true of everyone, but especially true of people with conditions like diabetes who need to watch their food carefully to manage their blood sugar safely. This year, why not show your love by adding in one or two options to help your guests manage their health?