You will not regret making this scrumptious dish a regular guest at your parties. It’s even easy enough to make surprise appearances in your snack routine. For the best texture, be sure to squeeze the spinach as thoroughly dry as you can, letting it rest for a few minutes in between squeezing to make sure you’ve removed as much excess water as possible.
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1½ cup non-fat sour cream
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder or flakes
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. hot pepper sauce
- Stir together all ingredients.
- Refrigerate until the onion flakes have softened or bake at 375ºF until bubbly (20-30 minutes).
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 9g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 279.2mcg||30%|
|Vitamin C 16.9mg||20%|
|Vitamin E 1.2mg||8%|
|Vitamin K 140.2mcg||120%|
|Vitamin B6 0.1mg||6%|
|Vitamin B12 0.2mcg||8%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Artichoke Hearts (artichokes, Water, Salt, Citric Acid), Non-fat Sour Cream (cultured Pasteurized Nonfat Milk, Vitamin A Palmitate), Spinach, Red Bell Pepper, Parmesan Cheese ((pasteurized Part-skim Cow's Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Cellulose Powder Added To Prevent Caking, Potassium Sorbate To Protect Flavor), Green Onion, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Hot Pepper Sauce (distilled Vinegar, Red Pepper, Salt).
It’s back to school season. That means it’s time to stock up on new gear, so your students are prepared to start the school year in style. Don’t forget about school lunch as you create your shopping lists. Whether your family has decided between school lunch or lunch from home, there will likely be a field trip where your child could use these lunch supplies. Parents have a lot of cool new products to choose from to ensure that their child’s lunch is not only nutritious and safe, but also looks appetizing at lunch time. For this month’s Nutritious Nudge, I created a list of lunch supplies and considerations to help parents with their back to school shopping.