The best way to enjoy this dish is with the freshest possible ingredients, but you can substitute frozen or canned corn when fresh is out of season. To limit the amount of salt, consider adding extra dill, pepper, or jalapeno to adjust the flavorings to suit your tastebuds.
- 1½ cups plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups fresh corn
- 2 medium jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 medium green onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup white whole-wheat flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup skim milk & 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, combined to sour
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Combine yogurt with dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add corn kernels, jalapeno and green onions. Cook until vegetables soften and begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together cornmeal, flour, and baking powder. Whisk together eggs and soured milk in a second bowl. Add flour mixture to bowl with corn, then add buttermilk mixture and fold with spatula to incorporate.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a heated, lightly oiled skillet. Cook on one side until bubbles form, gently flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 45g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18%|
|Total Sugars 12g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 28g|
|Vitamin D 0.4mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 41.9mcg||4%|
|Vitamin C 24mg||25%|
|Vitamin E 1.6mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 40.1mcg||35%|
|Vitamin B6 0.3mg||20%|
|Vitamin B12 0.8mcg||35%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Whole Yellow Corn, Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt (skim Milk, Active Bacterial Culture, Vitamin As Palmitate, Vitamin D3), Skim Milk, Egg Whites, Lemon Juice, Whole Grain Yellow Cornmeal, Green Onion, Whole Wheat Flour, Jalapeno Pepper, Soybean Oil, Olive Oil, Salt, Baking Powder (sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate), Black Pepper, Dill.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…