Serve this spicy-sweet curry over brown rice or quinoa with a side of fresh greens. For a vegan option, switch the fish with roasted cauliflower. Steamed veggies such as broccoli, green beans or edamame would all make an excellent base to soak up the delicious sauce.
- Chili Paste Ingredients: 8 dry red chilis
- ¼ cup water
- 5 garlic cloves
- ½ Tbsp. coriander
- ½ Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. of cayenne
Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 fillets of cod, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 sm. onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cup light, unsweetened coconut milk
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Bring chilis to a boil in water and let steep for at least 5 minutes.
- Grind the chilis, water and garlic to a paste. Add the spices and lemon juice and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Fry the cod fillets in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, sauté onion in 1 tablespoon oil until translucent. Add chili paste and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and 1/2 cup water. Season to taste with extra cayenne pepper and lemon juice.
- Add the cooked fish and continue cooking for 10 more minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 6.5g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 6g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Lite Coconut Milk (water, Coconut Milk, Guar Gum (a Natural Emulsifier)), Cod Fish, Red Chili Pepper, Onion, Water, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Garlic, Cumin, Cayenne Pepper, Coriander.
This slaw is colorful and delicious, and with the inclusion of sunflower seeds and cheese, it's the perfect dish to include in a kid's lunchbox to know they're getting a nice collection of nutrients to see them through the day. Serve with their favorite whole grain crackers--it's fun, tasty, and kid-friendly-weird spooned up on crackers.