The secret to enjoying cauliflower crust pizza is to not expect it to behave like pizza crust. It’s more of a layered casserole, and you will need a fork unless you like scooping gobs of steaming vegetable into your mouth with your bare hands. Don’t let that put you off trying something new! The flavor of this dish is bound to become a family favorite.
Tip: A can of pumpkin or squash puree will fill in nicely for the Hubbard squash and make prep a lot faster.
- 3 cups cauliflower, grated
- ½ cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup Hubbard squash, cooked and mashed
- ½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup part-skim Asiago cheese
- ½ cup chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 onion, sliced and caramelized
- 6-8 cloves garlic, fried until soft
- Combine cauliflower, yogurt, egg, and seasoning until a loose dough forms. Form into a crust and bake at 400ºF until lightly browned (20-30 minutes).
- Use broth to thin squash and use as the sauce for the crust. Top with cheese, chicken, and vegetables.
- Bake until cheese is melted and lightly brown (10-15 minutes).
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12.5g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 6.5g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||25%|
|Total Sugars 13g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 9g|
|Vitamin D 0.5mcg||6%|
|Vitamin A 236.4mcg||25%|
|Vitamin C 90.5mg||100%|
|Vitamin E 0.6mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 26.4mcg||20%|
|Vitamin B6 0.9mg||45%|
|Vitamin B12 0.7mcg||30%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Cauliflower, Hubbard Squash, Nonfat Plain Yogurt (cultured Pasteurized Milk, Salt, Enzymes), Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (water, Organic Carrots, Organic Celery, Organic Onions, Organic Leeks, Organic Tomato Puree (organic Tomatoes, Sea Salt, Citric Acid), Organic Mushrooms, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices, Organic Sea Salt), Onion, Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Asiago Cheese (cultured Milk, Salt, Enzymes, Cellulose To Prevent Caking, Natamycin To Protect Flavor), Eggs, Garlic, Italian Seasoning (marjoram, Thyme, Rosemary, Savory, Sage, Oregano, And Basil).
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…